The Questions People Get Asked About Their Race : NPR
We asked our audience to share the uncomfortable, awkward or just offensive questions they’ve been asked about their race. Here are some of the highlights.
QUALITY BITS FROM TWITTER:
- well you black so isn’t The Wire about your life?
- "What part of the south are you from?
- "I’ve never met a black guy who was so well spoken like you! Do you have any white n your family?"
- Why do you sound white? Where did you learn to like white music?
- "Why are the insides of your hands white? Is it cause black people are mad & clinch them all the time?"
- "can you show me how to be ghetto?"
- Does your skin taste like chocolate?
and there’s more